These Facts Are:
- Both must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and must seek the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Each person must live to first, please the Lord.
- Never stop communicating. But be careful of what you say, how you say it, and when you say it (know when to be quiet).
- Always try to work out your problems between yourselves. Inviting the wrong people in, could make the matter worse. Always seek wise counseling.
- Disconnect from all past love relationships.
- Know that you no longer can live just to please yourself only. Always consider pleasing your mate.
- Be willing to say “I am sorry” and “I was wrong,” quickly (Men usually find this hard to do)
- Develop the habit of praying together. As well as reading or studying the Word of God. Put God first everyday.
- Sexual activity outside of the marriage is definitely not allowed. Are you sexually active?** (If yes, ask them to repent, and stop all sexual activity until after the wedding, or move the wedding date up to a sooner date)
- Know your main role in the marriage: The husband is to be the priest, provider and protector. The wife is to be the homemaker, helper and intercessor.
- Know that you cannot change your mate, only God can, so work on improving yourself.
- Whoever is best at money management should handle the money.
- Your order of love is first, God, your spouse, and yourself.
- Do things together, but be willing to give each other some space, you must trust each other.
- Know that marriage is a life commitment to this person, be sure that you are ready to be married.
- Make church attendance the high point of your week. Worship, pray, and be trained together.
- Do not allow family to come between you.
- When you see the conversation headed to an argument, cut if off, pray, and seek God for the best solution.
**Any questions concerning any of these facts, feel free to contact me for understanding, or more information, Apostle Rufus L. Smalls, 843-875-6238, The Harvest Center Church.